From good friend Lori Crane – these are so true and right.
It commemorates the date in 1981 when Secretary of State Alexander Haig said, “I am in control here,” in response to an interview regarding the assassination attempt on President Ronald Reagan.
Take control. Put your foot down. Show people you mean business.
Well, how in the world can I do that, you ask? Let’s start with the outside stuff.
1. Make sure your clocks are set accurately.
2. Replace the batteries in your smoke detectors, flashlights, remotes, clocks.
3. Fix those dumb things in your life that you tend to ignore – the burnt out lightbulb in the closet, the loose doorknob in the garage, the broken tile in the kitchen, the non-working blinker on your car.
4. Make appointments for those things you neglect – the dentist, the financial planner, the mammogram.
5. Organize those little places…
View original post 235 more words