What an incredible week I had last week. I am grateful to fellow blogger, lightningpen, for nominating me for my second award in one week for my blog, Living Lightly on this Earth. These awards are a wonderful way to find out about my other fellow nominees because part of the rules for accepting the award are to thank the blog that made the nomination, reveal seven random things about myself, and recommend fifteen more blogs for The Versatile Blogger Award.
Seven random things about myself – Why this past week rocked more than most:
- My e-book Live from the Road was downloaded by more than 7,000 folks on June 15, 2012. I’m stunned.
- The print edition of Live from the Road went live last week through create space.com.
- I saw the sunset over Lake Michigan on Saturday night with two dear friends and the love of my life.
- I won three awards for this blog (see my next post!).
- Yesterday, my husband received an email from a colleague who was surprised to discover his Father’s Day gift was a book written by me (Two Moons in Africa) – I was pretty amazed as well. How many degrees of separation?
- We celebrated my mother-in-law’s 90th birthday with her on Saturday, and she was alert and very happy to be surrounded by her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren.
- I began the second draft of my new novel, Trails in the Sand, and with all the other things swirling around me I managed to produce some new pages last week.
I know this week will rock as well – just look how it’s starting. Now for the fifteen blogs I nominate for the Versatile Blogger Award. I love these blogs because they all write about more than just their platform topic as they impart their wisdom. Check them out!
- The Wild Ramp, a local food market
- The Passive Voice
- The Saintly Writer
- The Literary Man
- Rebecca Berto – Novel Girl
- Left Coast Voices
- Hurdles to Happiness
- Thriving Pessimist
Nominees, now it’s your turn. And congratulations – I hope your week begins on a high note and continues to soar.